Tuolumne County Community Grant
The Tuolumne County Board of Supervisors has committed up to $500,000 in one-time funds to create a Community Grant Program to help revitalize our community and address community needs, many of which stem from the COVID-19 pandemic that has impacted Tuolumne County since March 2020.
Applications will be received starting on November 29, 2021 and must be submitted by December 20, 2021 at 5:00 pm. Applications can be completed online at:
This is a competitive grant and applicants will be ranked based on eligibility criteria and the need in the community that this project addresses.
Should additional funding be received, or funding not be fully allocated from the first grant window, a second window is anticipated to be advertised for early 2022.
Who can apply?
Nonprofits that primarily serve Tuolumne County residents and local community groups are eligible to receive funding under this grant. The grant application will ask for a description of the community group applying, including the formation, structure, and mission of the organization.
What projects are eligible?
This grant is using funding Tuolumne County was allocated from the American Rescue Plan. As a result, eligible projects must fall under one of three conditions:
1. The project responds to a negative impact from COVID-19. Examples of these types of projects include:
a. Providing food, housing, employment programs, etc. to community members; or
b. Project addresses significant loss of revenue by the nonprofit/community group after March 3, 2021
2. The project provides services to disproportionately impacted communities by COVID-19
a. Examples include services to address health disparities, educational disparities, and promoting healthy childhood environments
Tuolumne County Community Grant Guidance
3. The project that enhances governmental services
a. This is defined broadly in the American Rescue Plan but generally projects falling under this category will improve public safety, provide environmental remediation, enhance health services, or other services that provide benefit to the community.
Applicants will be asked to provide a narrative that ties the proposed project to one of these eligible expenses.
How much may be awarded?
Applicants may apply for up to $50,000. It is anticipated that two grants of $50,000 and twenty grants of $20,000 will be available for award. Projects that will not need the full amount can request the amount needed in the document and do not need to apply for the full amount.
If an applicant intends to use any matching /additional funds, applicants will be asked to identify their source. This is primarily to ensure that two Federal funding sources are not being utilized as matching funds as that is generally not allowed with Federal Funds.
• Applicant must fill out the application, attach all required documents and submit via the online portal or by mail to:
ARP Community Grants
2 South Green Street, 4th Floor
Sonora, CA 95370
• Applications will be reviewed to ensure completeness.
• For applications that require additional information, applicants will be contacted and asked to provide or clarify the requested data.
• Once the grant window is closed, all grant applications will be provided to Sonora Area Foundation to review and make recommendations for award.
• Upon completion of the review, applicants will be notified if their projects have been recommended for award.
• If approved, applicants will receive a notice of obligation for the award amount.
Tuolumne County Community Grant Guidance
• In general, funds will be distributed on a reimbursement basis. Each applicant will be required to submit documentation showing the expenses have been paid under their approved project before they can be considered for reimbursement.
• However, in acknowledgement that some of our local community groups and nonprofits may have limited funding availability and because of the nature of these projects, advanced funding can be offered on a case-by-case basis. Organizations that require this assistance will be contacted by the County to put this process in to place.
• The performance period for the grant will be from January 1, 2022 –June 30, 2022. Extensions can be approved on a case-by-case basis if additional time is needed or if specific items that are part of the project are delayed.
• All claims need to be received within 2 weeks of the end date of the performance period or extension (whichever is later). Failure to submit the claim within the timeframe could lead to the de-obligation of funding.
What will be needed to apply?
(Please have these available prior to starting the application)
• General contact information
• 501c3 status
• Description of project
• Targeted communities that will benefit from the project and its positive impacts
• Level of support needed for project success
• Financial Documents (Income Statement or Balance Sheet)
• Project Budget (Detailed budget that outlines the project expenditures)
• Letters of Support (Letters of support from stakeholders or partners for your project) *optional
• Applicants must be in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws and in good standing with the County.
For additional questions regarding this program applicants can call 209-533-5511 for information or email email@example.com.