Tuolumne County Environmental Health fees were developed to partially defray the cost of our Food Safety Program. Like many of the surrounding jurisdictions, however, we have faced critical staff shortages and staff turnover that have limited our ability to provide the level of service upon which our fees were based.
It is important to the Tuolumne County Board of Supervisors that fees reflect the level of service being provided. The Board has therefore authorized a one-time fee reduction for the next calendar year (2022) that can be offered to facilities meeting the following two conditions:
- The manager or owner needs to attend a 2-hour food safety workshop that focuses on the five most critical risk factors for foodborne illness and share the information with their food service workers. Those who were not able to attend one of the webinars or an in-person meeting can now meet this requirement by watching the TuolumneFood2022 recorded webinar below.
- The manager or owner needs to complete a self-inspection form designed to specifically target the five risk factors
For those choosing to participate in TuolumneFood2022, your 2022 Permit-to-Operate fee will be reduced to $50.
- TuolumneFood2022 Webinar
- TuolumneFood202 PowerPoint- Printable Version
- A Self-Inspection Form that that focuses on the five most critical risk factors for foodborne illness
- Tuolumne Field Inspection Guide
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give Brad Banner, Interim Environmental Health Director, a call at (209) 533-5665 or send him an email at email@example.com.
A.N. Francisco Building
48 Yaney Ave.
Sonora, CA 95370
2 S. Green St.
Sonora, CA 95370
Monday through Thursday
8:30 a.m. - Noon
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Closed on Fridays