Speed Test app
Requires an Apple or Android mobile device
Working to bring high-speed internet to rural Tuolumne County
American Connectivity Program
The new federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) provides discounts to help qualifying households afford internet and devices they need for school, work, healthcare, and more, including:
- Up to a $30 per month discount on high-speed internet service through participating internet providers.
- Up to a $75 per month discount on high-speed internet service for those on qualifying Tribal lands through participating internet providers.
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50).
Broadband Program EIR project
The County is working to produce an Environmental Impact Report for broadband projects. We expect this to streamline the process of moving to the construction phase while protecting vital environmental and cultural resources. Additionally, it should significantly reduce the cost and time required for ISPs to build. Learn more on the Broadband Projects page.
Broadband mapping efforts.
The CPUC recently released updates to two maps that will be used to determine grant funding. The California Interactive Broadband Map will be used to determine eligibility for CASF Infrastructure Grants, which are funded by a surcharge rate on revenues collected by telecommunications carriers from end-users for intrastate telecommunications services. The Federal Funding Account map will be used to distribute last-mile infrastructure grants with funds from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). DETAILS
Nearly 700 challenges were submitted in our effort to correct FCC data. It's still important to challenge problems when they arise. The FCC map will be used for future projects and funding so continuing to test and confirm the service at your address is worth while.
Check your internet service
- The Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) broadband map shows internet service at every address in Tuolumne County.
- Check your address for errors challenge any errors. Detailed instructions
Test your mobile speeds
- Install the FCC Speed Test app on your mobile device and test your speeds.
- This will help identify problems in FCC data and may result in improvements over time.
- Test every week if you can. Learn more on our speed testing page.