The Engineering Development Division is responsible for:
- Monitoring proposed development projects to ensure the county continues to have a safe, effective road system for the orderly and convenient movement of people and goods
- Reviewing, conditioning, and inspecting development projects to ensure compliance with the county ordinance code, board policy, and state / federal laws relating to roads, drainage, and grading.
- Providing timely, informative, and friendly service to the public.
- Providing for the safe conduct of special events held in the county road right-of-way.
- Issuing Special Events Permits for road closures affiliated with races, carnivals, street fairs, etc.
For additional drainage information, please see the safety section in Chapter 6 of the Tuolumne County General Plan.