Cedar Ridge - The Tuolumne County Board of Supervisors has awarded the Contract #1715-4, “Kewin Mill Road Emergency Storm Damage Repair” to Sierra Mountain Construction, Inc. to reconstruct the Kewin Mill Road crossing Five Mile Creek culvert. Construction is anticipated to begin December 4th, weather permitting.
An informational meeting will be held at the Cedar Ridge Fire Station at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
Important points regarding the project are as follows:
- Construction will take approximately two months, weather permitting.
- Work is scheduled to take place between the hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Select work operations could extend the work hours and/or days.
- A temporary traffic signal will be in place, and Kewin Mill Road will be reduced to one lane through the construction zone for the duration of the project.
- Kewin Mill Road will be closed daily between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. and between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. to accelerate the construction schedule.
- Kewin Mill Road will be subject to an extended closure to allow for work on the existing temporary bridge. The closure will be announced in advance.
Please be aware of all construction signs or traffic control personnel in the construction zone.