I live in an “inactive” CSA. What does that mean?
Inactive CSAs are areas where the property owners have not approved a funding source such as a special assessment or special tax. These CSAs do not receive annual reports or have a formal maintenance program in place since the funds have not been approved to prepare or administer them. Maintenance or repair work is done as funds allow. Since the 2009 changes in California County Service Area law now requires CSAs to be perpetually funded, a CSA with no source of income may be considered for dissolution.

Show All Answers

1. Why is my neighborhood a County Service Area?
2. Why are my County Service Area roads not plowed at the same time as the nearby County road?
3. Can we put a gate up on our County Service Area road so that non-residents can’t get in?
4. There’s a streetlight out in my neighborhood. How can I report it?
5. I live on a private road and want to create a Permanent Road Division Zone of Benefit so we can all chip in for road maintenance. How can I do that?
6. How can I find out how much my parcel pays into the CSA?
7. I live in an “inactive” CSA. What does that mean?
8. There used to be a County Service Area in my neighborhood but it was dissolved. Who is maintaining the roads now?
9. What is the governing body for the CSA? Can’t we just call the County and get the funds released so we can do maintenance work ourselves
10. How do I pay my special assessment or special tax?