What if I have to give up a pet?
Our shelter is for strays and seized animals. We do offer low cost euthanasia for animals with serious medical or behavioral problems. We are a last resort if you are trying to rehome a pet.

If you know you must give up a pet do not wait until the last minute. Contact the Humane Society of Tuolumne County (984-5489), Friends of the Animal Community (768-3630), or search for one of the many breed rescues available on line.

Make sure your pet is spayed or neutered and up to date on vaccinations and heartworm preventive. This will make them much more adoptable. Also be honest about any problems that the pet may have.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the shelter located?
2. What is the difference between Animal Control and the Humane Society?
3. How do I license my dog?
4. Are there low cost vaccination clinics?
5. What happens if I am bitten by a dog or my dog bites someone?
6. What happens if my dog or cat is exposed to wildlife?
7. What if I have a complaint about an animal?
8. What if I see a neglected animal?
9. What about barking dogs?
10. What do I do about feral cats?
11. What do I do about wildlife problems?
12. What do I do if my pet is lost?
13. How do I adopt a pet?
14. What if I have to give up a pet?
15. What do I do about a dead animal?