How does my care provider get paid?
Care providers are considered Independent Providers and must complete the required enrollment process through the Department of Social Services before they can receive payment for providing IHSS authorized services. To complete the enrollment process the independent provider must complete the following steps:

• Complete and sign an IHSS Provider Enrollment Form (SOC 426). The provider must submit the form to the Tuolumne County Department of Social Services at 20075 Cedar Road North, Sonora, CA 95370 and present original documentation of a current photo identification and social security card to verify their identity.
• Complete the Independent Provider Orientation.
• Complete and sign the Provider Enrollment Agreement (SOC 846). This form is completed at the Provider Orientation.
• Submit fingerprints and pass a criminal background check from the Department of Justice. Once this process is completed, the Independent Provider will receive a notice stating they have completed the enrollment process. After the Independent Provider has been assigned to the IHSS recipient, the Independent Provider will receive time cards to begin claiming service hours.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for IHSS?
2. How do I request an increase in my IHSS hours, and to whom do I make this request?
3. Who will provide the IHSS services once they have been determined?
4. How does my care provider get paid?
5. I'm an Independent Provider, and the recipient refused to sign my time card. How do I get paid?
6. What happens if my Independent Provider works more hours than are authorized?
7. How does a Medi-Cal share of cost affect my IHSS services?
8. How long does it take to receive a pay check once I have submitted a timecard?