Tuolumne County Fire Department in conjunction with Boy Scouts of America is a worksite-based program for young men and women who have completed the eighth grade and are 14 years of age but have not yet reached their 21st birthday.
Fire Service Explorer posts help youth gain insight into a variety of programs that offer hands-on career activities. For young men and women who are interested in careers in the field of fire service, Exploring offers experiential learning with lots of fun-filled, hands-on activities that promote the growth and development of adolescent youth.
To contact the Explorer Program Coordinator, Mike Ryan please call: 408-640-7500
How do I become a Fire Explorer?
- You must be between 14 and 21 years of age.
- You must live in Tuolumne County.
- You must maintain a grade point average of 2.0 (‘C’) or better in school.
- You must be willing to learn and be available to actively participate in various drills, fundraisers, and fire training.
- You must submit an application. Contact the Explorer Coordinator for an application or click on "Helpful Links" to the left side of this page where you can find a link to a fillable application.
- You will need to do a baseline physical.
How do I learn more about the Explorer Program?
To learn more about Fire Explorer Programs, click here:
Boy Scouts / Learning for Life