Here in Tuolumne County, we live in a fire dependent environment. It is critical that we work together to plan and take actions to safely coexist with wildland fire. Tuolumne County encourages you to join with your neighbors and become a FIREWISE COMMUNITY. The Firewise USA Program is free. It is a grass roots effort of neighbors working together to reduce the risk of wildfire damage to their homes and neighborhoods. Together, we can make a difference! There are several benefits to becoming a Firewise Community:
- Reducing the risk to life and property from wildfire
- Getting a framework for action
- Access to resources and funding
- Sharing Resources and helping neighbors
- Community building and citizen pride
- Discounts on fire insurance (currently, USAA, CAL Fire Plan, State Farm, & Mercury offer discounts to residents living within a Recognized Firewise Community)
It only works if we join together. We need you to participate! You can do as little or as much as you can/or want. For more information on how to become a Firewise Community go to TuolumneFiresafe.org or Click HERE to see if your community is an established Firewise community and contact information.