Engineering - Capital Improvement Projects
The Capital Improvement Program (CIP) allows the County to identify the needs of the community and to prepare a long term funding strategy to meet those needs. The CIP includes any project that involves needed repairs or improvements to our existing infrastructure and the acquisition or construction of new infrastructure.
The Tuolumne County Board of Supervisors and Community Resources Agency has awarded the Kewin Mill Road Emergency Culvert Replacement Project to Njirich & Sons, Inc. to replace the culvert on Kewin Mill Road that was damaged in the February 2019 storms. Read on...
WHAT WE DO
Tuolumne County's Engineering - Capital Improvement Projects Division is responsible for:
- Planning for, operating, constructing, and maintaining a safe and effective road and street system for the orderly, safe, and convenient movement of people and goods including Traffic Engineering.
- Identifying and capturing state, federal, and private revenues available for master planning and for the development, design, and construction of public works Capital Improvement Projects. Routine maintenance of Tuolumne County's maintained roads is done by Road Operations.
- Design oversight and administration for permanent repairs to infrastructure following emergencies. Currently staff is working with FEMA to complete 2017 Storm Damage Projects.
- Special Districts Administration including the coordination of budgets and maintenance plans for County Service Areas, Permanent Road Division Zones and Lighting Districts.
Quality Assurance for ProjectsThe Quality Assurance Program (QAP) is a sampling and testing program that will provide assurance that the materials and workmanship incorporated into Tuolumne County Community Resources Agency projects are in conformance with the contract specifications.
Projects in the planning process that have environmental review documents subject to public review and comment can be viewed at the Community Resources Department's Environmental Review Documents Page.
Environmental Review for Projects
Resources & Documents for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs) and other small businesses:
- Caltrans / SBA Bonding Initiative
- Help for Small Businesses and DBEs
- FAQ regarding Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE)
- Small Business Training and Assistance Locations
- SBA Loan Program
- An Overview of DBE Certification